- Low-code application platforms enable businesses to create custom applications quickly and cost-effectively.
- These platforms speed up application delivery by minimizing manual coding, reducing complexity, and expediting development.
- Low-code platforms make application development accessible to both citizen developers and professionals.
In 2014, Forrester introduced the word “low code” to describe platforms that speed up app development by minimizing the need for manual coding. These low-code development platforms use visual methods instead of traditional coding. This is why both developers and non-developers can use them. They significantly reduce time and struggle to build apps and automate processes.
Yet, despite this definition, “low code” has different meanings for various people. It includes various tools like low-code web application builders, website generators, API connectors, and more. Each tool focuses on different tasks and needs different levels of technical skill. The common thread is that they all have a user-friendly interface, letting users set up and adjust solutions to fit their needs.
What is Low-Code Development, and How Does It Help Your Business?
Low-code application development is an approach to building software that uses visual drag-and-drop tools to simplify the development process. Unlike traditional software development’s slow and time-consuming nature, low-code development speeds up application delivery while reducing complexity.
This method benefits developers and professionals by streamlining app development and making it quicker. Suppose you prefer to avoid building an app internally and opt for an external vendor. In that case, use low-code application development platforms for fast and cost-effective custom app creation.
This approach is a smart solution to handle high development demand and a shortage of skilled developers. Here’s why your business needs low-code development.
- High Salaries for Developers: Software developers earn an average of $110,140 a year, and there are a lot of open positions. Companies with big budgets can attract top talent.
- Cost of Fixing Code: Fixing and maintaining code (technical debt) costs about $1,083,000 for an average-sized application. This takes up 33% of engineers’ time, preventing them from working on essential projects.
5 Steps to Get Started With Low-Code Development
Here are five essential steps for businesses to start with low-code development services:
Know Your Audience
The first step in creating a low-code application is understanding the problem and the data you’ll use. But it’s not just about that; knowing who will use your solution and how is equally important.
Consider some questions:
Which devices did they use?
What’s their daily work like?
What industry are they in?
In which domain of the business do they work?
Put yourself in their boots to make a successful enterprise app.
Check Your Expectations
According to Gartner, a low-code application platform supports quick and easy deployment, execution, and management of applications. It uses visual and declarative features based on high-level programming concepts, making achieving your desired business results faster. With low code, you can release capabilities and make improvements more rapidly.But, remember that low code only solves some problems.
Understand Low-Code Tools
Businesses should understand the basics if they want to use low-code tools. Low-code is for those with some programming background, while no-code is for non-coders.Consider ongoing costs, support, and the platform’s features. Look for a platform that can grow as you do, has good security, and can deploy your app where needed. This way, you can make smart choices about low-code development platforms.
Select the Right Platform
The low-code web application builder has ready-made tools that do specific things well. But when picking a platform, it’s crucial to consider the following:
- Think about your existing tools and systems. Can it solve your immediate problem and speed up building apps for your business?
- Even with low code, you need some coding aptitude. Figure out who will create, develop, and look after the apps. Match the user’s abilities with the use case.
- Most low-code application platforms offer APIs and pre-built connections for major vendors. But how well they work and are supported can differ. Serious buyers should look beyond the basics of connectors.
- Low code used to mean Software as a Service (SaaS), but now there’s more flexibility. Some businesses can’t let their data leave their networks, so think about where and how you’ll host your app. It’s as important as building it.
Start with Simple Projects
- Kick off your low-code journey with easy projects for quick wins.
- Hands-On Learning: Get practical experience with basic tasks.
- Platform Exploration: Understand what low-code development services can do.
- Quick Results: Boost confidence with fast, tangible outcomes.
- Gradually Tackle Complexity: As confidence grows, move on to more challenging projects.
Low-code development platforms are here to stay, offering many benefits. The ongoing business support for low code is increasing, and concerns that it can’t handle enterprise needs or replace human coders are proven wrong.
Choosing low-code application platforms is a good idea if your IT team is stretched or needs more delivery times. To make it work, start small with low-code development services by Teknorix and gradually build up skills and capabilities in your business.
With us, you can get the most remarkable software development. To begin right now, get in touch with us.